Sutter Health Surgical Technician (Per-Diem) in Carlsbad, California
Assists surgical team during operative procedures. Arranges and inventories sterile set-up for surgery, and passes items as needed to the operating team. Assists in preparing and moving patients, and in cleaning the operating room.
• High School graduate or equivalent education/experience
• Graduate of approved course for OR Surgical Technologists or equivalent training required
• Surgical Technologist Certification preferred and/or equivalent training
• BLS/CPR Certification Required
• Clinical experience as would typically be obtained in three years required.
• Significant surgical scrub experience is required, preferably in an ambulatory surgery facility.
• Technical training to include aseptic technique and sterile processing preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of instrumentation and equipment required for multiple specialties required. • Extensive knowledge regarding sterile processing requirements required.
• An excellent understanding of infection control processes required.
• Ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals as well as with lay persons required.
• Ability to operate and trouble-shoot surgical equipment required.
• Must be able to operate C/S equipment: ultrasonic, washer decontaminators, autoclaves, and other sterilizing equipment.
• Computer skills are required
Organization: *Sutter Outpatient Services
Title: Surgical Technician (Per-Diem)
Location: California-Southern California-Carlsbad
Requisition ID: SOPS-1716449
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.