Sutter Health Registered Nurse - OR in La Jolla, California
Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and coordinating patient care during the intra-operative phase. Assists the physician during surgery and procedures by functioning in the circulating role. Participates with other facility team members to provide optimal patient care and efficient patient flow, taking into consideration the population specific needs for patients at all stages of life.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing Required
RN - Current license to practice in the State of California Required
BLS/CPR & ACLS Required
• Significant experience working in a multi-specialty OR, preferably in a Hospital and/or ambulatory surgery center. This level of experience is typically achieved in approximately one to three years. Three years preferred.
• Interns or employees that have successfully completed the OR training program.
• Demonstrated knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully interact with diverse health professionals, physicians and patients.
• Extensive knowledge of AORN Standards, infection control and sterilization practices is required.
• Must have current knowledge of instrumentation and equipment utilized for various surgical specialties.
• Knowledge of the use and function of surgical equipment is required.
• Must have a working knowledge of applicable regulations and standards.
• Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communications, functional supervision/ delegation and human relations is required
• Must be a flexible, creative individual who is open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Requires the ability to operate and trouble-shoot OR surgical equipment.
• Computer skills are required.
• Adult training skills are preferred.
Organization: *Sutter Outpatient Services
Title: Registered Nurse - OR
Location: California-Southern California-La Jolla
Requisition ID: SOPS-1718068
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.