Sutter Health Patient Access Tech - Per Diem in Lakeport, California
Sutter Lakeside Hospital is located in beautiful Lake County and overlooks Clear Lake, the largest natural lake in California. The hospital has a Critical Access Hospital designation, with 25 inpatient beds. There are 10 outpatient beds, a 12-bed ED, ancillary services (MRI, CT, Nuclear Med, Mammography imaging, lab, pathology, 24/ 7 pharmacy coverage), surgical services (orthopedics, OB/GYN, general surgery, podiatry, ophthalmology, endoscopy), Family Birth Center, Intensive Care Unit, Medical-Surgical Unit, and an Outpatient Care Services Unit performing infusions, wound care and supporting outpatient procedures. The hospital also supports in patient and outpatient physical, speech, occupational and rehab therapies. Sutter Lakeside’s campus includes two hospital-based rural health clinics, a beautiful community garden and the only Rehab Mobility Park in this part of the state. Lake County has a population of about 66,000 and is located in a fast-growing wine region only 2 hours northwest of Sacramento and 2 hours north of San Francisco .
The Patient Access Technician serves as the face to face point of contact for the patient at a client location. Obtains all necessary information to register and financially clear patients. Greets patients/family members and obtains and/or verifies relevant information in the process of registering and financially clearing patients for service delivery. Enhances the patient experience throughout all patient interactions by serving as the customer service point of contact at the point of service by demonstrating knowledge of Sutter’s Health system and service offerings. Acts as the hospital operator and arrives patients to the Emergency Department. Responsible for collections when possible.
Unlicensed person who performs various patient care functions which include but are not limited to, the transportation of patients, the performance of 12 – lead EKG’s, the stocking of patient treatment areas and other similar tasks required by the Emergency Department Nursing and Medical Staff.
EMT or CNA is required.
· Experience within a hospital or clinic environment, an insurance company, managed care organization or other financial service setting, performing financial counseling, financial clearance and/or customer service activities as typically acquired in two years
· One year acute Emergency Department experience as an Emergency Technician within the past three years or one year of field triage experience as a paramedic desired
· General knowledge of patient access functions in acute and non-acute settings
· Working knowledge of medical terminology required
· Working knowledge and understanding of insurance terminology desired
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage frequent in-person patient contacts while effective maintaining and documenting data in the patient registration systems
· Demonstrated ability to work in multiple computer systems, such as patient registration/accounting systems, document imaging, scanning, payment posting, proprietary payer websites and data quality monitoring, both accurately and efficiently
· Strong data entry skills required
· Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills
· Interpersonal skills necessary in dealing with internal and external customers
· Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Sutter Health
· Accuracy and attentiveness to detail required
· Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to change
· Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles
· Ability to meet or exceed targeted customer service, productivity and quality standards
· Fluency in both English and a minimum of one other language is preferred for this role to allow Sutter Health to better serve the community and patient population
· Computer proficiency skills required
Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Organization: *Sutter Lakeside Hospital, Lakeport
Title: Patient Access Tech - Per Diem
Location: California-North Bay/Lake County-Lakeport
Requisition ID: SLH-1718939
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.