Sutter Health Cook - Per Diem in Novato, California
Novato Community Hospital is a 47-bed acute-care hospital located approximately 30 miles north of San Francisco. It is a part of the Sutter Health network of doctors, not-for-profit hospitals and other health care service providers sharing resources and expertise to advance health care quality and access in the more than 100 Northern California cities and communities.
Prepares, cooks, and serves patient and cafeteria food. Utilizes and maintains appropriate recipes, production guides, and patient records. Maintains sanitation in assigned areas. Participates in total quality management program. Practices good customer service habits towards staff, patients, and visitors.
· Performs cooking duties for all of the hospital's dietary needs
· Visually reads recipes & follows them, measuring ingredients and mixing them together
· Calculates measurements for portion control
· Requires ability to stand for long periods of time to cook; place portions on plates/trays
· Ensures food is correct temperature when served
· Communicates dietary needs to Director for ordering inventory
• Education: A high school diploma or equivalent. Serve Safe Certification desirable.
• Experience: Must have prior experience in quantity food preparation. Work experience in an acute care hospital setting required. Additional food service experience desired.
• Knowledge: Must have knowledge of basic cooking techniques. Ability to perform math as required to adjust recipes. Must have good time management skills, and ability to work at several tasks simultaneously
• Special Skills/Equipment: Must be familiar with the equipment commonly found in commercial kitchens. Must be skilled at using a variety of knives
Organization: *Novato Community Hospital
Title: Cook - Per Diem
Location: California-North Bay/Lake County-Novato
Requisition ID: NCH-1717299
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.