Sutter Health SMU-Sr. Network Administrator in Oakland, California
Under the general direction of the Director, Information Technology Infrastructure & Technical Services, the Systems & Network Engineer will deploy and support all relevant networking hardware, software and Protocols including: LAN, WAN, WLAN, MAN, Load Balancing, Firewalls, routers, switches and the Underlying networking components supporting cloud solutions. The Network Engineer will work closely with Service teams on analysis, specification, design, Implementation and support for these technologies.
_Skills and Abilities: _
• Administer and monitor LAN\WAN network switches, routers, and physical environment.
• Working knowledge of MPLS-based network design, operation and troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge of Cisco, F5 and other networking products.
• Working knowledge of Windows Server technologies preferred.
• Working knowledge of VMware and SAN storage products preferred.
• Working knowledge of load balancing products preferred.
• Strong written, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to work well and
• Communicate with peers and clients.
• Strong time management skills and multitasking abilities
• Excels in a team-oriented work environment
• Good understanding of network security principles and practices.
• Must possess excellent technical aptitude and a desire to learn constantly.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Working knowledge of/experience with telecommunications protocols and phone systems, especially VoIP, is required.
_Education and/or Experience:_
• 3-7 years overall Information technology experience
• Minimum of 3 years in network administration and implementation.
• Minimum of 3 years of routing & switching technology and protocol analysis.
• Minimum of 3 years of firewall technologies with major vendors (Cisco, F5, Etc.)
• Certifications in or from multiple technologies/vendors, such as CCNA, MCSA, CCNP, etc. are required.
• Bachelor Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience is required.
The University has an institution-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to build a welcoming and supportive campus environment, and acknowledge that diversity is an educational imperative to achieve excellence.
Organization: *Samuel Merritt University
Title: SMU-Sr. Network Administrator
Location: California-East Bay-Oakland
Requisition ID: SMU-1625007
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.