Sutter Health Manager, Philanthropy Communications, Sacramento (Full Time) in Sacramento, California
The success of Sutter Health's Valley Area philanthropy campaigns depends on the extent to which we can create awareness and engage the hearts and minds of our communities so they feel mobilized to support our mission. This role has responsibility for optimizing fundraising and communications opportunities through the establishment and implementation of a philanthropy communications strategy, aligned closely with Sutter Health's communication strategies, across the Valley Area and System.
The Mgr, Philanthropy Communications is a member of the Valley Area philanthropy team and reports to the Director of Philanthropy Services, Valley Area with a dotted line to the Senior Philanthropy Communications Officer in the Bay Area. The role will also interface with Sutter Health's marketing department as well as Bay Area philanthropy communications and marketing departments to ensure ongoing coordination and alignment of activities and messages. The Mgr, Philanthropy Communications has primary responsibility for all communications and donor relations functions. Working closely with philanthropy leadership and collaboratively with all members of the fundraising team, this position leads strategic message development.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide strategic communications expertise and support as it relates to philanthropy towards enhancing the dollars raised throughout the Valley Area. Under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy Services, Valley Area, this position is responsible for the overall communications vision and strategy for the Valley Area's philanthropic presence to enhance its visibility, reputation and ultimately the number of donors engaged.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field required.
6-9 years e xperience in a senior communications role in philanthropy strongly preferred.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· A demonstrated, successful track record in the planning and implementation of communication strategies in the philanthropic arena.
· Knowledge of donor fundraising, stewardship and recognition events and programs.
· Knowledge of communication vehicles including online giving, web site and other social media tools.
· Knowledge of the principles of fundraising and an understanding of donor-centered fundraising required.
· Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
· Strong sense of priorities and objectives and a conscientious approach to problem solving.
· Ability to adapt writing style to reflect donors’ interests and relationships with Sutter Health.
· Ability to effectively work with, and provide counsel to, senior management and fund development professionals.
· Proven ability to establish collaborations and strategic partnerships to support promotion and fundraising for specific projects.
· Superior writing, editorial, organizational and research skills.
· Ability to work as a team player in a collegial environment and to mentor existing staff to elevated levels of performance.
- Highly organized, able to work independently and have an ability to work under pressure to handle multiple requests and competing deadlines
Organization: *Sutter Valley Hospital
Title: Manager, Philanthropy Communications, Sacramento (Full Time)
Location: California-Greater Sacramento Area-Sacramento
Requisition ID: SVH-1716283
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.