Sutter Health RN - Cath Lab, Temporary (Part time-Days) in Auburn, California
The Invasive Cardiovascular RN has primary accountability for patient outcomes. The incumbent leads the patient care team, delegates, supervises, and participates in providing direct patient care to adult, and geriatric patients undergoing invasive cardiac and peripheral diagnostic and interventional procedures in the Cardiac Cath/EP Lab. Direct care includes assessment of physiological, psychosocial, safety, and education of patients during and after procedures. The incumbent functions within the full scope of licensure and provides guidance and direction regarding the practice and performance of non-licensed personnel. The incumbent provides guidance and direction regarding the practice and performance of the non-RN staff. The incumbent maintains high departmental standards ensuring the delivery of quality patient care, effective utilization of resources and supplies, and facilitating patient flow through the Cath/EP Lab. The Invasive RN will function in the charge nurse role as first-call RN.
This is a temporary, non benefited, up to 13 week position. No call is required.
· Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
· California RN licensure is required.
Must have a current American Heart Association BLS-HCPC recognition or Greater Sacramento Region - Healthcare CPR certification.
Current ACLS recognition required.
· Recent Critical Care experience is required.
· Experience in a Cath Lab is preferred.
· Demonstrated strong clinical background in Telemetry nursing will be considered.
· Demonstrated ability to handle cardiovascular emergencies is required.
· Broad-based knowledge of cardiac and pulmonary anatomy and pathophysiology, disease processes, IV and oral cardiac medications, and current treatment modalities for the cardiovascular system are required.
· Proficiency in ECG recognition, interpretation, and arrhythmia management, and emergency procedures including IV cardiac medication administration are required, as well as the ability to demonstrate resourcefulness in problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
· Knowledge of principles of radiation safety is required.
Valid Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) acquired within one year.
Completion of hospital orientation to include basic math skills, basic computer skills, knowledge of community resources, legal policies relating to patient decisions and outcomes, knowledge of the performance standards of other team members, and demonstrated skills in delegation, leadership and team management concepts.
Demonstrated IV therapy skills.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Auburn
Organization: Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 64
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.