Sutter Health Biomedical Equipment Technician I in Castro Valley, California
The Biomedical Equipment Technician I maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and Sutter eQuip Program. Performs a variety of routine tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of a limited scope of biomedical equipment under the guidance and direct supervision of an experienced Biomedical Technician.
• HS Diploma Required Or equivalent education/experience
• Associate's Required
• Bachelor's Preferred
• Experience servicing medical equipment typically obtained in 6 months to two years required, preferably in a hospital environment required.
• Experience in performing electrical safety testing on biomedical instrumentation preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of electrical safety theory preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent listening skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) required
Primary Location: California, East Bay, Castro Valley
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.