Sutter Health Radiologic Technologist I (Per Diem, Varied, Shift) in Crescent City, California
Provides imaging and patient care services at defined levels to patients. Provides health care services, applying x-ray energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Performs radiographic procedures and related techniques, producing images for the interpretation by; or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercise professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. Performs call for emergency procedures.
Minimum of a high school education/diploma is required.
AA/AS Degree is desired.
ARRT (R) Certification Required. In addition, ARRT (CT) certification preferred.
RHT certification at a minimum is required. RHF encompasses an RHT plus includes fluoroscopy and would be preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification required.
• Previous experience as a Radiologic Technologist is required. Training in computerized tomography is preferred. Prior work experience in an acute care facility is preferred.
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
• Must be knowledgeable of technical factors and radiographic views. Broad-based knowledge o f cross-sectional anatomy and physiology is required.
• Must be knowledgeable of diagnostic imaging technologies, their applications and uses in creation of diagnostic images.
• The technologist must be knowledgeable in the use of body mechanics for safely moving and positioning patients.
• Responsible for the assessment, treatment, or care of patients of all ages, including neonate, child adolescent, and geriatric.
• Must be able to deal effectively with patients, physicians and peers.
• Must be able to utilize diplomacy and tact and demonstrative patience in working with others under conditions of tension or stress.
Primary Location: California, North Coast, Crescent City
Organization: Sutter Coast Hospital, Crescent City, CA
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.