Sutter Health Ultrasound Technologist (Per Diem, Varied Shift) in Crescent City, California
Resting on the scenic Northern California Coast, Sutter Coast Hospital first opened its doors in 1931 and has continued to evolve to meet the changing needs of the residents of Crescent City, California and Brookings-Harbor, Oregon and the surrounding areas. As a part of Sutter Health - one of the nation’s leading community-based, health care networks - we are a 59-bed, not-for-profit hospital, serving a population of approximately 43,000. Our services include a 24-hour emergency department, intensive care/critical care units, surgery, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, laboratory, rehabilitation, skilled nursing, psychiatric care, senior care, and home health services.
Moderate in climate and nestled along a gorgeous ocean coastline with a surrounding mountain landscape, Crescent City is beautiful, peaceful, affordable, and perfect for those with a propensity for outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, surfing, and camping. With lush groves of redwood trees and wildlife in abundance, it’s a hidden gem and the ideal place to write the next chapter of your life, both professional and personal.
Through innovative care, collaborative partnerships, and a powerful people-first philosophy, come experience what we have to offer and discover your potential at Sutter Coast Hospital.
Provides health care services, applying sonic energy to assist in diagnosis or treatment. Performs ultrasonic imaging and related procedures in one of the following areas: OB/GYN, abdomen, small parts, vascular. Demonstrates anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention by, or at the request of a licensed practitioner. Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complementary to medical ethics. Applies appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. Performs call for emergency procedures.
Produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs, using ultrasound equipment, for use by physician in diagnosis of disease & study of malfunction of organs. Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination. Explains process to patient & instructs/assists patient in assuming physical position for examination. Selects transducer & adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined. Moves transducer by hand, over specified area of body & observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced. Photographs images of organs shown on display module. Discusses test results with supervisor &/or attending physician.
Education / Certifications:
High School Diploma is required.
AA/AS is desired.
Graduation of CAAHEP accredited sonography program in Ultrasonography or equivalent.
Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
Current BLS-HCP certification.
Must possess valid licenses as required by national or State of California agencies (i.e. CRT).
• Previous work experience in an acute care facility is preferred.
• Advanced cross-sectional anatomy, pathophysiology and its effect on normal anatomy; basic knowledge of Obstetrical, vascular and/or cardiac anatomy/physiology. Knowledge of electrical safety and infection control guidelines.
• Extensive experience in the acute care hospital setting performing sonographic categories of obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, small parts, and/or vascular imaging is required.
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations. Must maintain competencies in two ARDMS defined specialty areas.
• Must be knowledgeable of diagnostic imaging technologies, their applications and uses in creation of diagnostic images.
• Must be knowledgeable in the use of body mechanics for safely moving and positioning patients. Responsible for the assessment, treatment, or care of patients of all ages, including neonate, child, adolescent, and geriatric.
• Must be able to deal effectively with patients, physicians and peers. Must be able to utilize diplomacy and tact and demonstrate patience in working with others under conditions of tension or stress.
Primary Location: California, North Coast, Crescent City
Organization: Sutter Coast Hospital, Crescent City, CA
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: varied
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.