Sutter Health Medical Assistant / PSR Temporary in Lakeport, California
Sutter Lakeside Hospital is located in beautiful Lake County and overlooks Clear Lake, the largest natural lake in California. The hospital has a Critical Access Hospital designation, with 25 inpatient beds. There are 10 outpatient beds, a 12-bed ED, ancillary services (MRI, CT, Nuclear Med, Mammography imaging, lab, pathology, 24/7pharmacy coverage), surgical services (orthopedics, OB/GYN, general surgery, podiatry, ophthalmology, endoscopy), Family Birth Center, Intensive Care Unit, Medical-Surgical Unit, and an Outpatient Care Services Unit performing infusions, wound care and supporting outpatient procedures. The hospital also supports inpatient and outpatient physical, speech, occupational and rehab therapies. Sutter Lakeside’s campus includes two hospital-based rural health clinics, a beautiful community garden and the only Rehab Mobility Park in this part of the state. Lake County has a population of about 66,000 and is located in a fast-growing wine region only 2 hours northwest of Sacramento and 2 hours north of San Francisco.
The Medical Assistant/Patient Services Representative assists providers and other members of the health care team in clinic offices by performing a variety of back office, patient-related tasks and ensuring smooth patient and work flow within the department.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Certified Medical Assistant
• Graduate of an approved MA program which includes injectable training
• Current certification in CPR / Basic Life Support
• Basic anatomy and physiology.
• Must be a Certified Medical Assistant with all of the skills required by the State of California for that certification.
• Medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Universal precautions.
• Medication administration.
• Must have passed pre-screen assessment prior to hire. Completion of medication test is also required. Candidates must pass Medical Assistant competency exam with 85% for consideration.
• Must pass pre-visor and keyboard testing if applicable per Medical Foundation policy.
• Minimum of 2 years of Medical Assistant/Specimen Handling-phlebotomy
• Minimum of 2 years demonstrated medical assisting skills in ambulatory care
• Phlebotomy certification as required by CA Business and Professions Code 2070
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Lakeport
Organization: Sutter Lakeside Hospital, Lakeport
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.