Sutter Health Nuclear Medicine Technologist in Lakeport, California
Sutter Lakeside Hospital is located in beautiful Lake County and overlooks Clear Lake, the largest natural lake in California. The hospital has a Critical Access Hospital designation, with 25 inpatient beds. There are 10 outpatient beds, a 12-bed ED, ancillary services (MRI, CT, Nuclear Med, Mammography imaging, lab, pathology, 24/7pharmacy coverage), surgical services (orthopedics, OB/GYN, general surgery, podiatry, ophthalmology, endoscopy), Family Birth Center, Intensive Care Unit, Medical-Surgical Unit, and an Outpatient Care Services Unit performing infusions, wound care and supporting outpatient procedures. The hospital also supports inpatient and outpatient physical, speech, occupational and rehab therapies. Sutter Lakeside’s campus includes two hospital-based rural health clinics, a beautiful community garden and the only Rehab Mobility Park in this part of the state. Lake County has a population of about 66,000 and is located in a fast-growing wine region only 2 hours northwest of Sacramento and 2 hours north of San Francisco.
We are searching for a dynamic nuc Med Tech to join our team. The NMT provides imaging, therapeutic, and patient care services at defined levels to patients.
Education/ Knowledge, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration
· Complete understanding of Nuclear Medicine methodology, equipment and radiopharmaceuticals is necessary
· Knowledge of radiation safety principles, hazardous materials management and infection control guidelines.
· Graduate of a JRCERT accredited program in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
· Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) and/or, ARRT Registered Technologist, R.T. (N) in good standing or eligible to take the Nuclear Medicine registration exam.
· BLS Healthcare Provider. State Licensure from State CDPH-RHB
& Venipuncture certification.
· Must have previous experience as a nuclear medicine technologist in a hospital environment.
· Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Lakeport
Organization: Sutter Lakeside Hospital, Lakeport
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.