Sutter Health Technical Operations Supervisor - Shared Lab - Molecular ***Sign-On Bonus Available*** in Livermore, California
This position supervises the assigned technical area of the Sutter Health Shared Laboratory providing continued service excellence and effective employee relations. This position provides technical support to, and administrative oversight of, the Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) ensuring that high quality, cost effective diagnostic services are provided in a timely manner. Develops and implements all technical related policies and procedures. Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the technical lab, including oversight of quality assurance/quality control, customer service, problem solving and occurrence management, safety, process improvement and supervision of Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) personnel. Maintains technical expertise in the assigned technical areas of the shared laboratory and Laboratory Information systems (LIS) and performs analytical testing within these assigned areas. Maintains technical expertise by working 8-16 hours per week as a CLS.
BA/BS degree required.
Valid California CLS license required.
4-5 years experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist required in Microbiology, Molecular or Gen Lab as appropriate for specific department oversight.
Prior supervisory experience is highly desirable
Experience in personnel management, quality assurance, technical writing, test development, project management, teaching, and demonstrated ability to manage a section’s budget are highly desirable.
Skills and Knowledge
• Seasoned knowledge of all aspects of the quality assurance of analytic processes of the Clinical Laboratory is required, and knowledge of Laboratory Information Systems is preferred.
• Individual must have effective written and oral communication skills, demonstrate an ability to effectively interact with medical professionals, and manage personnel in a variety of situations by effectively applying transactional and transitional skills.
• Positive customer relations and teamwork skills are required.
• Individual must also have demonstrated ability in project management, managing for results, organizing, prioritizing and managing diverse activities in a changing environment.
• Individual must have the basic skills necessary to maintain a computerized LIS.
• Individual must be able to document and report on technical or analytic process issues using a complete, clear and pertinent summary of observations or findings.
*Sign-On Bonus Available to external candidates - in accordance with Sutter Health policy*
Primary Location: California, East Bay, Livermore
Organization: Sutter Shared Lab
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.