Sutter Health Application Analyst 2 - EHR Imaging in Mather, California
Implements and supports the application and data integration managed by Information Services. Ensures that interfaces are optimally planned, documented, validated and maintained.
• Application integration experience as would typically be acquired in 3 to 5 years.
• Experience supporting and/or implementing moderately complex integration projects.
• Hospital and/or other health care application experience preferred.
• Hands-on experience using Health Level 7 (HL7) protocol.
• Experience with project management software is preferred.
• Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, flowchart, and presentation software is required, preferably MS Office Suite.
• Knowledge of data and/or application development life cycle methodologies and processes such as Waterfall and Iterative is required.
• Knowledge of healthcare operations and structure, department-specific policies and procedures and workflows, general requirements in an integrated delivery system, and use of information system applications in the practicing health care environment is preferred.
• Knowledge of Health Level 7 (HL7) and Extensible Markup Language (XML) messaging standards and structure.
• Solid technical understanding of the table and file structures of the IT supported systems as they relate to the data integration, as well as a high level understanding of the downstream applications to which the core systems integrate.
• Systems analysis and design in a PC-Windows, client-server, or midrange environment is desired.
• Knowledge of current technology and how it is best utilized in designing systems and implementing applications.
• Working knowledge and understanding of information technology concepts and technologies.
• A good working knowledge of computer science, related programming, data structures and relational databases.
• Moderate knowledge of computer systems software.
• Working knowledge of one of the following: MS NT, SQL, RPG and/or various databases (e.g., Informix, Mumps, Oracle) is preferred.
• Knowledge of healthcare industry and hospital operations preferred.
• Strong problem and issue resolution abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives in a rapidly changing environment, and deliver quality service.
• Provide exceptional customer service including responding to user needs in a prompt, courteous manner.
• Proficient at specifying user requirements, interacting with technical, health care staff and vendors, and documenting user needs, outcomes, and procedures.
• Articulate technical and user needs in a concise manner easily understood by all is required.
• Use project management and other professional software tools.
• Work independently with some guidance and direction. Bachelor's degree in IS, Computer Science or related field. Equivalent years experience accepted.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Mather
Organization: Sutter Health Information Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.