Sutter Health Coder Novato Patient Services Full Time in Novato, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
Under the direction of the Revenue Cycle Supervisor and Manager , and with minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing accurate CPT, Diagnosis and HCPC coding of professional fees for both inpatient and outpatient settings for providers as assigned. The incumbent is required to accurately review charges to ensure department timelines are met. This position is responsible for researching and resolving the following Epic Work Queues: Charge Review, Claim Edits and Follow Up. The Coder I will be available as a resource to providers and staff as needed to assist with coding and billing inquiries. This position works closely with SPS and Operations to ensure all Foundation revenue is maximized.
Education, Licensures and Certifications:
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Certified Professional Coder - CPC required.
• Prior work experience in the healthcare field specifically related to coding and/or medical billing and compliance is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in medical coding, with active E/M coding experience required.
• Minimum of 1-3 years coding and or advanced billing/collections experience with emphasis on Medicare and Medi-Cal requirements required.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated knowledge of coding and compliance standards is required. Good working knowledge of ICD/CPT4/HCPCS coding, medical claims billing and procedures is required. Familiarity of state and federal laws, professional standards, and accreditation standards is necessary. Prior usage/knowledge of Epic is desired.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and oral communication skills are required. Tact and diplomacy with patients, providers and staff for sensitive matters, strong ability to multi-task, and ability to maintain organized records so that the documentation trail is transparent to others as required. Knowledge of computers: Excel and Word proficiency, and skill in the operation of other office equipment. Employee must be able to work independently as well as a part of a team and the ability to access State and Federal websites for coding, billing and reimbursement information.
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Novato
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.