Sutter Health Orthopedic Nurse Case Manager for BCP in Novato, California
The Ambulatory Orthopedic Nurse Case Manager plays a vital role in providing patient-centered case management to patients with orthopedic conditions across the continuum of care settings; in close collaboration with participating physicians and their teams.
The case manager is a member of a multidisciplinary team, working with their Supervisor, Manager, Director, and Managed Care Medical Director to attain optimal results by impacting the delivery of quality care in a holistic approach to the patient and family. They coordinate care with providers, staff, external providers and facilities.
Education/Certification/Licensure (enter the degree or certification, registration, licensure type in the appropriate box)
· See Experience
or Equivalent Ed/Exp
Experience (number of years and type of work experience/environment needed to be fully proficient in the job. This should reflect the minimum requirement, unless noted as preferred).
· Active, unrestricted CA RN license , Current, unrestricted CA Drivers License
· Current, BLS certification
· BSN from an accredited US nursing program
· Minimum of three (3) years acute care nursing experience
· Case management, home care, or discharge planning experience required – minimum one year
· Case management certification, or expected to attain CCM (case management certification) within two years of hiring.
· Experience working in EPIC and EPIC Tapestry
· Public Health Nursing Certification
Knowledge (information gained through education or experience that incumbent would draw upon to perform this job. This should reflect the minimum requirement, unless noted as preferred).
· Knowledge of orthopedic conditions and surgical treatment options and its effects on patients and caregivers.
· Computer skills including Microsoft Office. EPIC knowledge preferred.
· Knowledge of applicable NCQA standards, state and federal regulations.
· Knowledge of the health care financial environment and requirements for various payer types, e.g., Commercial, CMS, CCS for HMO and PPO cases, and ability to apply Managed Care concepts.
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Novato
Organization: Novato Community Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 60
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.