Sutter Health Physical Therapist Inpatient Per Diem in Novato, California
Implements, with minimal supervision, high quality physical therapy services (with a focus on orthopedic care) for patients, caregivers and facilities in accordance with the principals and practices of the Physical Therapy Act and with the Terra Linda Health Plaza/Novato Community Hospital policies and procedures. Develops treatment plans, supervises assistants and aides, contributes to case management, and provides quality patient care. Maintains positive level of interaction with all staff and clients. Enhances and expands client referrals with marketing and networking. Understands that this is a patient centered clinic and may need to work alternative work schedule to meet the needs of the clients.
• Maintains clinical expertise in skills of physical therapy
• Maintains strong organizational, time management and planning skills
• Demonstrates ability to appropriately document/charge for care given
• Practices excellence in customer service
• Ability to work effectively as a team member
B.A. or B.S/MS and/or DPT degree with completion of course work in a school or schools approved by the Physical Therapy Examining Committee so as to qualify for licensure by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
A minimum of two years work experience as a P.T. with at least one year in an outpatient orthopedic setting.
Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge in:
• All aspects of orthopedic outpatient physical therapy services including but not limited to evaluation, accurate assessment, design of appropriate treatment plans and execution of skilled treatment in keeping with current practices and their application in the field of physical therapy.
• Documentation guidelines for all payor mixes.
• Functional goal writing.
• Reimbursement issues in outpatient care.
• Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to read, speak, write understand and follow English verbal and written instruction.
Special Skills/Equipment: Demonstrates special skills and knowledge in:
• Regulations and systems used in the field of physical therapy to ensure a quality service.
• Current CPR certification.
• Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
• Prefer candidate with experience in ergonomic/work site assessment skills.
• Desire candidate with extensive background in core strengthening. Pilates training certificate is highly desired.
• Prefer candidate with prior experience in team training for local sports activity.
• Seeking individual with manual therapy skills – prefer Maitland and McKenzie.
• Prefer Candidate with Clinical Specialist Certification from APTA in Orthopedics
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Novato
Organization: Novato Community Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Saturday-Sunday
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.