Sutter Health Administrative Assistant - Shared Laboratory in Oakland, California
The Administrative Assistant provides complete secretarial support and administrative assistance to the Vice President, Sutter Health Shared Laboratory (VP), as well as providing secretarial support to the Shared Laboratory Senior Leadership team. The incumbent may also be asked to assist members of the Lab Management Network. The Administrative Assistant uses independent judgment and self directed initiative to complete a variety of projects, prioritize information, and requests directed to the VP and Senior Leadership team. of the Shared Laboratory. In doing so, the incumbent ensures to maintain a high level of responsiveness and confidentially of information. The incumbent ensures timely and reliable workflow. A high level of accuracy and productivity is essential.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
AA/AS Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
• Prior seasoned administrative assistant experience and demonstrated proficiency in advanced secretarial support as typically acquired in 3 to 5 years required.
• Experience in a healthcare organization or in a corporate office environment is highly desirable.
• Experience in making travel arrangements and tracking expenses.
• Must have the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously, positively handle contacts with public, Sutter Health and Affiliate executives; and effectively maintain office organization and workflow systems which facilitate productivity in light of rapidly changing priorities.
• A demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, set priorities, manage time, meet deadlines, and handle confidential information and public contacts in an office environment.
• Experience with personal computers in a network environment.
• Experience with spreadsheets, presentation, database, scheduling, charts, word processing applications, as well as complete document production.
• Experience with WebEx conferencing, Share Point/Portal and videoconference equipment is necessary.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required as well as a sound knowledge of the English language including correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Must be self-directed, detail oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated knowledge of complex organizations, with an emphasis on health care environments is preferred.
• Business correspondence composition and formatting skills are required.
• Project tracking systems is highly desirable.
• Proficiency in taking meeting minutes is required.
• Must be able to travel throughout Northern California to attend and take meeting minutes.
Primary Location: California, East Bay, Oakland
Organization: Sutter Shared Lab
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.