Sutter Health Clinical Nurse Manager - Oncology (Full Time-Varied) in Roseville, California
The Clinical Manager’s primary responsibility is the management of the human, financial and capital resources to achieve optimal clinical and financial outcomes. The Clinical Manager interviews, hires, evaluates, coaches and disciplines, up to termination, in collaboration with the department director. The Clinical Manager oversees application of the nursing process; Achievement of identified outcomes in a timely manner; and, Development and delivery of patient/family education. The Clinical Manager promotes collaborative practice, performance-improvement activities and staff education. The Clinical Manager ensures that care is based on the age-related needs of the patient (pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) with consideration of the developmental needs, environmental safety needs, educational needs and level of understanding.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or equivalent combination of education/experience.
· Current California Registered Nurse license required.
· Baccalaureate degree in nursing or a combination of formal education, clinical expertise in areas of supervision and managerial experience in an acute-care environment within the last three (3) years desired.
· Demonstrated clinical experience in nursing areas of supervision required.
· Proven experience in a leadership position with human resource management.
· Certification in area of supervision preferred.
· All Areas:
· Current Basic Life Support – Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) recognition (American Heart Association or Greater Sacramento Region)
· In-depth knowledge of physical assessment, the nursing process and adult learning principles as related to patient education.
· Demonstrated knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully direct the efforts of diverse health professionals to meet patient needs.
· In-depth knowledge of clinical knowledge/skills in the management of care administered to patients.
· Sound understanding of human resource management and leadership.
· Knowledge of managing in a union environment with multiple Collective Bargaining Agreements highly preferred.
· Telemetry, Oncology, Medical/Surgical, Emergency Department, Critical Care:
Must successfully complete ACLS within 6 months of start date and must maintain recognition.
· Trauma Intensive Care Unit:
Must complete PALS within 6 months of start date and must maintain recognition.
· Emergency Department And Trauma Neuro Intensive Care Unit:
Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum (TNCC) required within 6 months of hire.
· Women’s And Children’s :
Must successfully complete Neonatal Resuscitation Program(NRP) or Pediatric Advanced
Life Support (PALS) within 3 months of start date and must maintain recognition.
· Emergency Department:
Must successfully complete Mobile Intensive Care Nurse Certification (MICN) within 1 year of start date and must maintain recognition. Must compete PALS within first 6 months.
· Sutter Rehabilitation Institute:
Must successfully complete CRRN (certified rehabilitation registered nurse) certification within 2 years of start date and must maintain recognition.
· SPA/PACU/Endoscopy, Outpatient Surgery:
ACLS on hire and must maintain recognition.
· Cardiac Cath Laboratory/Interventional Radiology:
ACLS on hire and must maintain recognition. Three (3) years experience in an Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab or completion of a recognized cardiac cath education course.
Special Skills/Equipment :
· Ability to communicate utilizing computers.
· Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, management, budget, continuous quality improvement and human relations required.
· Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and supervise staff in a designated unit.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Roseville
Organization: Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.