Sutter Health Executive Chef / Production Supervisor - Nutrition & Food Service (Full Time - Days) in Roseville, California
The Executive Chef provides over-all management and direction to the food production and food storage operations.The incumbent provides leadership and managerial support in planning, organizing, staffing and controlling the day to day operational functions related to food production. The Executive Chef participates with other managers and supervisors in the Sacramento Sierra Region in planning and standardizing programmatic, operational changes and cost saving initiatives within the region. The Executive Chef coordinates cooking and other food preparation schedules with Cooks and Food Production Workers, Food Assistants and Grill so food products are ready and served at specified times.Performs sanitation, safety, quality and security checks to ensure that Department Standards are upheld and Regulatory Requirements are maintained.In the absence of higher management, monitors and supervises all food service areas.The Executive Chef collaborates closely with the Food Service Supervisors and the Nutrition Service Supervisor in planning special functions and menus for the Cafeterias, Catering as well as Patient Meal service.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· High School graduation or equivalent is required.
· Trade school program in cooking or enrollment is required (experience may be substituted).
· Formal training in supervision is required. (Experience may be substituted).
· Serv-Safe or equivalent certification is required.
· The Executive Chef must have successful experience in quantity food production, required.
· Demonstrated ability in management with excellent experience working with personnel is required.
· The incumbent must have proven abilities to handle confidential material, to be an assertive self-starter, to perform tasks with little or no supervision and the ability to develop, organize and implement projects, required.
· Experience in hospital or skilled nursing facility cooking is desirable, preferred.
· The Executive Chef should have knowledge in establishing and implementing work processes; quality and productivity standards and procedures designed to ensure optimal performance in the food production operations.
· Comprehensive knowledge of quantity food production principles, methods of planning, preparing and serving food to large numbers of people in a hospital setting and purchasing is required.
· Knowledge of all HACCP, JCAHO, Title 22/State, federal and other local regulations as they relate to food production is required.
· Basic knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office software is required.
· Knowledge of the nutrition and food service (CBORD NSS and FSS) computer system is desireable.
· Knowledge of KRONOS and ability to complete payroll for assigned staff.
· Special Skills/Equipment:
· Use of food service equipment such as the grill, oven, mixer, grinder, chopper, knives, etc.
· Ability to withstand pressures of volume feeding and effectiveness in communicating with personnel.
· Basic managerial know-how and ability to grasp new and different concepts is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to perform routine mathematical calculations and the ability to use the Internet for researching information are required.
· Ability to lead others is essential.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Roseville
Organization: Sutter Roseville Medical Center
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Saturday-Sunday
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.