Sutter Health Senior Compensation Analyst - Shared Services/Roseville in Roseville, California
Serves as the foremost compensation analytics expert and lead historian within S3 Compensation Department and may be assigned to one or more client groups such as the Bay Area OU or Valley Area OU. This position is responsible for interfacing with senior HR leadership at the operating unit level and works closely with Compensation Lead (Manager) and fellow Compensation Analysts to identify means and methods necessary to mitigate the peaks, valleys and cycles of workflow within the S3 Comp function, including realigning workloads among the Compensation Analysts. Provides best practices and methods to the Compensation Analysts when dealing with difficult and/or complex compensation issues or difficult customers. In collaboration with Compensation Lead, serves as a strong partner and innovation driver to CoE by actively identifying and communicating to CoE areas where consistency is lacking, along with any relevant recommendations.
For assigned clients, performs end-to-end job evaluation and compensation administration activities to serve all Sutter Health employees. Analyzes job data and presents recommendations (i.e., title, grade, range, incentive eligibility, exemption classification, etc.) to hiring managers and HR Business Partners (HRBPs). Administers base pay for across the board increases. Prepares for annual compensation cycle and performs year-end and other annual activities. Audits base pay and incentive pay to ensure compliance with plan design.
Supports the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term Sutter Shared Services vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard Sutter Shared Services responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
Education, Licensures, and Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field Or equivalent education/experience required.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
• Experience in a Compensation Analyst role as would typically be obtained in 6+ years is required
• Experience in developing, implementing or administering compensation programs is required
• Experience working with multiple processes and serving multiple customers is required
• Job evaluation / point factor systems experience, preferably Hay, is required
• HR systems experience, such as Lawson, is preferred
• Experience in a health care setting is preferred
• Experience in supporting the negotiation / administration of union contracts is highly desired
• Experience in a service delivery environment is desired
• Experience with a start-up organization is a plus
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must be familiar with national labor market trends and the execution of effective processes to support / operationalize compensation strategies
• Knowledge of compensation best practice processes, systems or tools that enable Compensation Teams to support all Sutter Health employees
• Knowledge of HR related Federal, State and local laws and regulations governing compensation including Wage and Hour law
• Knowledge of shared services center / contact center operations and associated human resource issues and solutions is desired
• Excellent math skills required
• Ability to perform day-to-day job evaluation and compensation administration activities to ensure that customer priorities are met
• Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to influence others and strong listening skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
• Ability to coordinate with other human resources team members to deliver seamless customer service
• Exceptional ability to analyze data, identify issues and/or information trends and recommend solid solutions
• Ability to identify concerns before they become problems, and to propose solutions to the concerns
• Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment and adaptability to changing priorities and working with multiple customers
• Ability to navigate HR information management systems and applications
• Ability to create and run basic queries/reports, preferably with Crystal and/or Business Objects
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and compensation related applications
• Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
This list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not comprehensive, but is merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Roseville
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80.00
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.