Sutter Health Sr. Privacy and Information Security Project Manager in Roseville, California
The Sr. Project Manager will assist in the oversight, management, and implementation of Privacy and Information Security Department initiatives and projects, and is responsible for project communication and coordination between privacy and information security team members, departments, divisions, affiliates, and internal and external stakeholders.
Familiarity with HIPAA and HITECH regulations as well as data security principles, regulations, concepts, and methodologies as evidenced by previous experience in a security or privacy context and/or industry certifications related to privacy and information security (e.g. – CISSP, HCISPP, or CHPC) is highly desired.
Manages approved projects that are complex in nature from conception through completion to include scope, time, and cost. Provides leadership to project team and junior members of project management and Project Coordinators. Accountable for adhering to the Sutter Health Project Methodology Standards – Tools / Processes. Overall accountability for each assigned project.
Responsible for the management of multiple medium sized projects and/or 1-3 large size projects that are highly complex. These types of projects cross multiple service lines and/or regions, have multiple facets of work teams that provide the output of deliverables, and/or multiple complex milestones or critical paths which can result in different outcomes of the work at hand and therefore take more resources and expertise to manage and see through to completion. More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise. Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques. Works under general direction of senior level management. Typically manages and mentors project coordinators, other members of the project team, and other project services staff as appropriate.
• BA/BS Business or Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required.
• MA/MS desired
•PMP Certification or Lean Six Sigma desired
• Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
• Knowledge of general Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK), project management methodologies and/or Sutter Health’s project methodology and project management methodology.
• Thorough understanding of current trends and strategies in healthcare and their application to information technologies is desired.
• Demonstrated experience using Project Management software tools.
• Experience with MS Project.
• Intermediate MS Word, SharePoint and MS Excel.
• Experience in the healthcare industry is desired.
• Communicate complex concepts and ideas effectively to all levels within the organization.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in order to manage large complex projects (ie. number of resources, functional areas, time requirements, and the organizational experience of the subject).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Develop, create and deliver presentations to all levels within the organization.
• Use higher level concepts to maintain schedule within Project Server (ie earned value and critical path, PERT).
• High level analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little or no supervision or direction.
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others without direct lines of authority.
• Requires forward thinking to identify potential issues and/or risks to resolve or minimize in advance.
• Handle multiple projects at one time.
• Exceptional organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects, multiple (and sometimes conflicting) priorities and adapt to change.
• Collaborative working style and ability to develop/sustain productive work relationships with key stakeholders across all areas and levels of the organization as well as external consultants.
• Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and improve understanding of project methodology and tools.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Roseville
Organization: Sutter Health System Office
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.