Sutter Health Certified Tumor Registrar - Oncology (Full Time - Days) in Sacramento, California
The Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) supports the Sutter Health Valley Area (SHVA) Oncology Service Line by gathering, reviewing and maintaining appropriate and accurate documentation of all cancer patients diagnosed and treated at the listed SHVA affiliates:
·Sutter Amador Hospital
·Sutter Davis Hospital
·Memorial Medical Center, Modesto
·Sutter Solano Medical Center
·Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
·Sutter Roseville Medical Center
·Sutter Tracy Community Hospital
·Sutter Coastal Hospital
·Memorial Hospital, Los Banos
·Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
The Certified Tumor Registrar performs abstracting, and quality control of all reportable neoplasms, according to local, state, and national guidelines. Complete abstracts (case summaries) that are submitted to the California Cancer Registry of Greater California (CRGC) and National Cancer Data Base. Assist in special projects, such as quality review of cancer cases and program alignment with national benchmarks. Participate in carrying out the Cancer Registry Quality Control Plan of the Cancer Program.Maintains and produces reports from publically reportable data sites associated with The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation of Breast Programs.Coordinates tumor boards, including collecting imaging and pathology for cases scheduled to be presented, and maintain AV equipment for meetings. The CTR attends, actively participates and may take minutes at Cancer Committee and BPL meetings.
The Certified Tumor Registrar is self-directed in planning and organizing work activities, and maintains professional relationships with physician and hospital staff.
The Certified Tumor Registrar reports directly to the SHVA Registry Supervisor.
Why Join Sutter Health?
Working on the Sutter Valley Cancer Registry team includes a flexible work schedule with the ability to work from home. Although this position does require some light travel, you can truly experience work life balance with the flexible work schedule. In addition, as a full time employee, we offer excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. Learning and growth opportunities working in a team environment with additional company benefits including education reimbursement, company holidays and paid vacations.
· 60 College Credits - including of medical terminology and two college-level courses in anatomy and physiology required.
· Minimum of three years recent experience in an ACoS-accredited hospital cancer registry preferred.
· Experience with the CNExT cancer registry software and EPIC Electronic Health Record required.
· Certified Tumor Registrar – CTR required.
· Valid California Driver’s License required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Working knowledge of ICD-O coding, American College of Surgeons Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS) Manual, SEER Multiple Primary & Histology manual, and the American Joint Committee on Cancer's (AJCC) TNM staging schemas required.
· Familiarity with oncology treatment guidelines, practices, and modalities required.
· Knowledge of database software preferred.
· Knowledge of document tracking systems, merging data, and database management preferred
· Phone courtesy techniques, ability to be flexible in work habits and environment, and ability to handle confidential data.
· Ability to communicate effectively with medical staff at all levels.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Valley Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.