Sutter Health Junior Accountant - SSCD & Philanthropy (Limited Term) in Sacramento, California
Maintains the general ledger of certain Sutter Health fundraising entities and surgery centers as assigned, in order to prepare timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Performs monthly journal entries, reconciles general ledger accounts, prepares various financial reports, as well as, researches problems and questions, and completes quarterly reporting, audit, regulatory and various tax schedules as well as participates in the annual budget process. This position works closely with the fundraising and surgery operations teams, S3, manager and co-workers.
As a team member of the Philanthropy/Surgery department, will be responsible for assisting in establishing and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships with customers to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains a positive and professional work relationship with all customers and members of teams across the System.
Supports the success of a high-performing finance department by helping to champion and drive and foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture.
• 1-3 years of accounting experience in general accounting.
• Must have a high school degree with college accounting courses and heading for a career path in accounting.
• Experience with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles, including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Must have the ability to learn fund accounting
• Ability to learn new applications/software systems effectively and efficiently
• Ability to perform 10-key by touch and proficiency in designing and using Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to accept constructive feedback from team members to support continuous improvement
• Ability to process requests consistently with high level of accuracy
• Ability to prioritize problems and promptly resolve or escalate when necessary
• Strong time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and collaborate, as needed
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to handle shifting priorities
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills including demonstrated skills in account reconciliation.
• Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Health System Office
Employee Status: Limited Term
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.