Sutter Health Project Manager, Digital Management in Sacramento, California
This position will manage digital projects from the initial planning phase, through successful implementation and ongoing iterations. Under the leadership of the Consumer Products & Marketing Director, the PM will be a strong advocate of the Strategic Marketing business objectives, while balancing stakeholder and vendor needs.The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the project scope, time, cost and is accountable for project success.
Responsible for the management of multiple projects that will range in scope and include large, highly complex, multi-year efforts. These types of projects frequently cross multiple service lines and/or regions, may contain sub work groups and geographically diverse teams. These large and potentially complex projects carry with them the potential for great impact to the Sutter Health System. Independent judgment and assessment of impact are essential skills in this role.
Responsible for overall coordination, ongoing documentation, project plans, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet Strategic Marketing’s business goals or project deliverables. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
· Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
· Experience managing digital projects and complex web development projects.
· Thorough understanding of current trends and strategies in digital technologies
· Demonstrated experience using Project Management software tools.
· Experience with MS Project.
· Intermediate MS Word, SharePoint and MS Excel.
· Experience in the healthcare industry is desired.
· Ability to communicate complex concepts and ideas effectively to all levels within the organization.
· Demonstrated leadership skills in order to manage large complex projects (ie. number of resources, functional areas, time requirements, and the organizational experience of the subject).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Develop, create and deliver summary reports and presentations to all levels within the organization.
· High level analytical and problem solving skills.
· Proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to complete projects in a timely manner with little or no supervision or direction.
· Strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence others without direct lines of authority.
· Requires forward thinking to identify potential issues and/or risks to resolve or minimize in advance.
· Handle multiple projects at one time.
· Exceptional organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects, multiple (and sometimes conflicting) priorities and adapt to change.
· Collaborative working style and ability to develop/sustain productive work relationships with key stakeholders, technical personnel, external vendors and consultants, functional and project managers, healthcare operations, and all other individuals and groups across all areas and levels of the organization as well as external consultants.
· Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and improve understanding of project methodology and tools.
· Extensive experience gathering requirements and managing the expectations of the stakeholder(s).
· Expert knowledge of the link between IS and the business needs.
· Knowledge of general project management methodologies and/or Sutter Health’s project management methodology.
· Application of a structured project management methodology to include: scope, schedule, resource, risk, quality, budget, and issues management.
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Health System Office
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.