Sutter Health RN - Pre & Post - Capitol Pavilion - Ambulatory Surgery Department (Per Diem) in Sacramento, California
The Registered Nurse in the Acute Care setting manages the patient/family experience through utilization of critical thinking, teamwork, effective communication, and nursing judgment/knowledge/skills.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Education/ including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
Current licensure California RN or Interim Permitee; BLS -Health Care Provider; see attached for department and
facility specific requirements.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BS preferred.
Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills and effective English written and communication skills.
· Significant experience working in a PACU supporting multi-specialties, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center is required, such as typically obtained in approximately 3 years is required
· Experience with the pediatric population is preferred.
· Must be able to perform patient assessment, care and teaching in the preoperative and postoperative units.
· Must have the ability to admit and prepare patients for surgery and/or procedures
· Must be proficient in venipuncture as necessary for IV starts and administers medications as ordered by a physician.
· Must have the ability to recover patients following anesthesia and/or sedation
· Must have the ability to assess patient readiness for discharge, using discharge criteria.
· Must have the ability to work cooperatively with all physicians utilizing the facility. Must have the ability to promote positive relations with physicians.
· Must be flexible, and open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to work in with other nursing staff in the pre-op, OR, and PACU, as well as with ancillary staff, to provide safe, efficient patient care.
· Current knowledge regarding equipment utilized in the Pre Operative Unit and PACU
· ACLS required, PALS Preferred
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
Organization: Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.