Sutter Health After Hours Part Time Patient Service Rep. - HealthCare (Utah) in Salt Lake City, Utah
• Do you believe Healthcare should be simpler?
• Do you believe patients deserve quicker, easier access to their doctors?
• Do you believe patients have the right to understand their doctor bill before paying it?
• Do you believe patients should be cared ABOUT just as much as they are cared FOR?
If that sounds like you, then come join a team and company that shares your beliefs and together let's Do Work that Matters! At Sutter Heath you will play a vital role in helping patients access all aspects of their healthcare more easily.
ABOUT SUTTER PHYSICIAN SERVICES
Sutter Heath is one of the largest healthcare systems in the country - made up of physicians, clinics, hospitals, and medical foundations. The majority of our facilities and employees (roughly 52,000 people) reside in Northern California, but our support division is located here in West Valley City, UT with over 1,000 employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
We are NOT your typical call center - we are a patient service center. At Sutter Health you will be working in West Valley City, UT as a virtual Office Assistant for clinics and physicians in California. You will be answering mainly INBOUND calls. The majority of those calls will come from patients in need of assistance with the following topics:
• Request for new patient registration
• Appointment scheduling
• Referral management
• Requests to submit payments
• Setting up payment plans
• Answer general medical billing/insurance inquiries
• General Inquiries
We believe every call is important and should be handled with care and respect. Although we do have metrics that we use to measure our performance, the TOP priority of your calls is not necessarily how quickly you can get through the call, but rather the quality, care, and attention you give to each person you speak with.
But what does that look like? You can click HERE to learn more general information about the position.
WHY YOU WOULD CHOOSE TO WORK WITH US
• You will Do Work That Matters: You're not selling a product or collecting a bill. You will be helping people during times of their lives when they really need someone to listen and assist them.
• You will have a team environment: We have an open floor concept that facilitates a team environment. We want our employees to interact with each other, their supervisors, and their leaders.
• You will have continuous coaching and training: We know you won't know everything after the official training sessions are done. Your supervisor and your co-workers will take the time necessary to continue to train and coach you on our systems, processes, and culture even AFTER the official training classes. We want you to be successful just as much as you want to be successful!
• You will answer INBOUND CALLS!! You're welcome! :-)
• You will have a gym!! Stop paying a membership fee somewhere else and come workout before work, after work or during your lunch break.
• You will have a Cafeteria!! The food is delicious. Come work here and try it for yourself!
• You will get performance bonuses!! There is potential for $250-$1250 EXTRA every quarter for doing an outstanding job.
• You will have great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(B), additional employee discounts and perks.
• You will become even more awesome than you already are now. :-)
WHAT QUALITIES & SKILLS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE TO BE SUCCESSFUL
• You will need empathy and compassion. Healthcare is a sensitive subject for most people. We treat every patient who calls in the way we would want to be treated.
• You will need to be a great listener. The people who call us need to know that we care about them and that we will take the time to listen carefully and respectfully to their needs and concerns.
• You will need to be positive and patient. Not every phone call will be easy. You might even have someone upset at you. It's not common, but it happens sometimes. You'll just need to remain positive and treat every person who calls in with respect, dignity, and kindness.
• You will need to be flexible. Healthcare is an ever-changing, constantly improving industry - we need you to be able to change as well. As we evolve, you will evolve with us.
• You will need to be proficient with technology. We will train and coach you on our systems, but you need to be comfortable on a computer, be able to type while speaking on the phone, and be able to navigate between multiple sites quickly and efficiently.
- High School degree or equivalent required
- At least one year of customer service experience required. Examples of customer service experience may include working in a business office setting, healthcare, insurance, retail or call center experience.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, internet, and basic computer functions.
Familiarity with medical and/or insurance terminology preferred.
Basic ability to work in a customer focused environment, able to communicate with clients such as patients, clinicians, and medical office staff.
Demonstrated ability to maintain composure, even when working through difficult situations.
Basic ability to effectively research and resolve issues, such as patient financial accounts, scheduling and registration
Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
Primary Location: Utah, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City
Organization: Sutter Physician Services
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Saturday-Sunday
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 40
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.