Sutter Health Director of Finance West Bay SF Novato Santa Rosa in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
The Director of Finance, SPMF is accountable for directing all activities associated with the financial management, budgeting, business analysis and financial planning for Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation. The Director of Finance, SPMF develops, coordinates and monitors financial analysis support to primary customers, including review of financial and operational performance. The Director of Finance, SPMF supports the CFO for Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation in meeting the financial goals established for the Foundation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
• Graduate degree in related field desired preferred.
• Ten years in a senior healthcare financial management position.
• Experience in providing analytical support and maintaining cost-effective and long-term financial viability of health care operations. Experience with due diligence and practice assessments.
• Prior experience in demonstrating effective communication skills and interpersonal relation skill.
• Thorough knowledge of ambulatory and hospital accounting and financial management. Knowledge of a multi-entity integrated health care delivery system.
• Extensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and cost accounting principles. Extensive knowledge of the dynamics of health care financial relationships to include physicians/facilities in a tax-exempt environment; managed care environment, including capitation; private inurnment laws; anti-trust laws; Medicare fraud and abuse laws.
• Extensive knowledge of capitation accounting and reporting requirements and in-depth knowledge of the financial, patient care and revenue generating information systems, and how their activity feeds into the general ledger.
• Must have the oral and written communication skills to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management both inside and outside the Finance area.
• Proven communication skills and previous Board level presentation experience.
Special Skills and/or Equipment Used:
• Must have the ability to effectively utilize consultative skills and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships within the department and at all levels of the organization.
• The ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner is essential.
• Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Word, MS Access, and Excel and the ability to learn others is necessary.
• Previous experience using EPSi and Lawson software systems desired.
• The position requires strong problem solving and research skills and the ability to multi-task and reprioritize as needed.
• Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Primary Location: California, San Francisco, San Francisco
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.