Sutter Health Director of Supply Chain Operations - Shared Services/SF Bay Area in San Francisco, California
Serves as Sutter System Director of the Value Analysis & Clinical Engagement Program. Accountable for addressing non-salary expense reduction by managing the Program resources to focus on implementation, standardization, variation reduction, and appropriate utilization of clinical products, equipment, and purchased services. Facilitates and drives cost reduction opportunities in collaboration with local Supply Chain Area Leaders, Sutter Strategic Sourcing, and Sutter system-based value management teams and projects. . Assists the Director of Strategic Sourcing as well as local Supply Chain leadership in establishing value analysis/product selection teams and processes with identification and execution of cost reduction and clinical variation reduction projects. Provides leadership and facilitation in gaining and maintaining stakeholder engagement throughout product/service selection, change communication, implementation, and standardization. . Assists all Sutter acute and non-acute facilities in understanding methods and processes required to achieve measurable results with clinical stakeholders. Provides clinical expertise and assistance in researching and documenting clinical impacts of implementing Sutter Supply Chain contracts and projects to optimize expense reduction, maximize patient and workplace safety, and enhance the patient care experience. Oversees Program resources to facilitate/support local value analysis/product selection meetings/teams.
The Director of Supply Chain Operations provides overall management and oversight for all pertinent supply chain functions for multiple Acute and/or Ambulatory locations. Management responsibilities encompass all supply chain operations including mail and courier services. Serves as primary liaison between Operating Units, Affiliates, Physicians, and Shared Services Supply Chain Leadership. The Director of Supply Chain Operations implements and oversees Supply Chain strategies for multiple Acute and/or Ambulatory locations within the Operating Units, providing support and assistance to achieve goals and performance targets.
Primary focus will include programmatic redesign over clinical departments to support affordability and performance improvement. This position will develop, lead, and manage significant project in like with the Supply Chain Strategic Plan, LEAN Principles, affordability initiatives, and local organizational needs. The Director of Operations assumes accountability and oversight for the development, implementation, and management of business processes pertaining to Supply Chain. The Director is responsible for ensuring optimal provision and coordination for delivery of goods, services and resources for multiple Acute and/or Ambulatory locations. Identifies and implements various cost savings projects related to Supply Chain and strives for a high degree of standardization of processes, products, and technology while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
Education, Licensures, and Certifications:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Master's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Healthcare Management preferred.
• Driver License, Valid and in California is required.
• Certifications in Association of Healthcare Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM), purchasing/contracts law, APICS or CPM are preferred.
• Requires routine driving to attend corporate, regional and affiliate meetings.
• Experience in supply chain, with at least 5-6 years in a management role, preferably within a healthcare environment (ambulatory or acute) is required.
• 6-9 years of experience and extensive knowledge of JIT, ERP and other supply chain management tools is required.
• 6-9 years of materials management operations experience is mandatory.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Demonstrated effective management skills in the following areas: change management, affiliate integration, budget development and management, multi-site/department management, developing and assessing departmental productivity systems, quality management/change, establishment of monitoring systems for supply chain department within multi-site operations.
• Demonstrated success in major project coordination, assessment and implementations and the success budget management pertaining to supply chain operations.
• Demonstrated success in major project coordination, assessment and implementations and the success budget management pertaining to supply chain operations. Knowledge of healthcare and medical products is desirable.
• Must be articulate and have written skills, presentation preparation and able to speak to large audiences, including management, physicians and staff.
• Flexibility, innovation, initiative project management and creativity are required.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, meet deadlines, multi-task and excellent personnel management skills are essential for this role.
• Demonstrated successful interactions with regulatory agencies, senior management and suppliers. Accomplished negotiation skills.
• Excellent supply chain and conceptual training skills are mandatory for this role.
Primary Location: California, San Francisco, San Francisco
Organization: Sutter Shared Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.