Sutter Health Integrative Psychotherapy & Guided Imagery Therapist San Francisco Full Time in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
This position is responsible for providing integrative psychotherapy to individuals, children and families at the Institute for Health & Healing Clinics. The position provides comprehensive integrative assessment and counseling support for mental, emotional, social and behavioral issues that arise for patients with chronic or life threatening illness. In addition, the integrative psychotherapist assists patients in learning effective tools to cope with stress, grief and loss, and to make healthy behavioral changes. This position works in partnership with IHH physicians, other allied health practitioners and administrative staff on care coordination and treatment planning, and is the principle team resource for all mental health matters. The position also collaborates with the other IHH psychotherapists to implement and sustain best practices in the area of integrative psychotherapy and guided imagery, and to stay abreast of research and best practice in the field of behavioral health and integrative medicine.
• Masters degree in mental health discipline required.
• Education and experience completed in supervision of MFT interns preferred.
• Preferred training in Integrative Medicine Education in Guided Imagery and Expressive Arts at the IHH.
• Knowledge and experience with at least two integrative psychotherapeutic methods such as guided imagery, expressive arts, EMDR, EFT, Mindfulness Meditation etc. required.
• Internship hours in medical setting preferred.
• Requires 5-7 years of counseling experience, preferably in a medical environment and with those who have experienced a health crisis.
Licensures and Certifications:
• Professional license maintained for a minimum of 5 years required.
• Candidate must have a genuine interest in integrative medicine, a commitment to the mission and vision of the Institute for Health & Healing and the capacity to contribute value to patients within Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation and the Sutter Health system.
• Ability to assess the needs of the patient, provide high quality integrative psychotherapy, guided imagery and other evidenced based approaches as indicated.
• Knowledge of holistic assessment, care plan development and outcomes tracking methods.
• Capacity to work within the integrative medicine model as practiced at the Institute for Health & Healing and in line with most recent research findings regarding behavioral health in the ambulatory care setting.
• Candidate must have strong desire and ability to work as an active member of an interdisciplinary practice team led by physicians.
• Required to have knowledge of the most recent Board of Behavioral Science requirements and adhere to them.
• Prefer knowledge of recent literature and models use to advance practice of behavioral health in a medical setting.
Primary Location: California, San Francisco, San Francisco
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 64
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.