Sutter Health Medical Sonographer II San Francisco Cardiology Echo Part Time in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
Provides ultrasound imaging in two areas of expertise (Diagnostic, Cardiac, and/or Vascular) and patient care services at defined levels.
• American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) in good standing, is preferred or eligible to take the registration examination or a graduate of a Sutter affiliated community college program in diagnostic medical ultrasound.
• Basic Life Support Certification – BLS required.
• Additional multiple certification by ARDMS defined specialty areas preferred.
• Graduate of a ARDMS accredited educational program in ultrasonography preferred.
• Extensive experience in the acute care hospital setting performing sonographic categories of obstetrics, gynecology, abdominal, small parts, neurosonology, vascular and/or cardiac imaging is required.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Advanced cross-sectional anatomy, pathophysiology and its effect on normal anatomy; basic knowledge of Obstetrical, vascular and/or cardiac anatomy/physiology.
• Knowledge of electrical safety and infection control guidelines.
• Knowledge of technological advancements, must maintain competencies in two ARDMS defined specialty areas.
• Must be able to work in a rapidly changing and challenging environment and take appropriate actions in emergent situations.
• Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
• Ability to analyze problems to reach practical conclusions, and institute effective changes.
• Ability to deal with complex situations and policies as required.
• Computer literacy skills required.
• Excellent team leadership and organizational skills are required.
• Proven written and oral communication skills demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to support physician and department needs.
Primary Location: California, San Francisco, San Francisco
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 48
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.