Sutter Health Nurse Midwife SF St Luke's Full Time in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
The Nurse Midwife provides age and specialty appropriate patient diagnosis, treatments/procedures, education, consultation and follow up.
• Midwife (CNM) provides antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum care, including an active participation in a Comprehensive Prenatal Services Program (CPSP).
• Effectively provides age appropriate care.
• Skills in diagnosis, psychosocial assessment and management of health/illness needs for women’s primary care including childbirth.
• Qualified to examine patients and treat as indicated.
• The CNM reports to the Director of Ambulatory Clinics, and to the Medical Director of Obstetrics-Gynecology (OB-Gyn).
• Promotes a positive relationship between Sutter Health and the community.
• Utilizes resources to deliver quality care in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
• Initiates and directs patient/family medical and nursing care to achieve optimal transition and progression towards patient/family goals.
• Collaborates with the health care team in a professional manner according to the facility Standards promoting a positive work environment.
• May lead case conferences.
• Directs patient/family care according to the Sutter Difference standards and activities ensuring the best patient/family experience.
EDUCATION/LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Diploma in midwifery required.
Master's degree in midwifery preferred.
Registered Nurse - State of California Licensure required.
Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) required.
Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) required.
- 3 to 5 years Mid-Wife experience OR 1 year Mid-Wife experience with Labor and Delivery or Women's Health RN experience required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of dynamics and intervention techniques related to stressful or crisis, high-risk prenatal situations.
Substance abuse and diabetic programs, Perinatal Education.
Primary Location: California, San Francisco, San Francisco
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day/Evening/Night
Shift Hours: 10 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.