Sutter Health Nurse Practitioner / Physican Assistant San Francisco HIV Internal Medicine Full Time in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
Under the clinical supervision of the Physician and the administrative supervision of the Administrative Manager, performs specialized duties in the clinical outpatient setting. Ensures appropriateness of level of care; promotes effective utilization of clinical, ancillary and material resources. Assists the Physician with office patient appointments, and patient education.
Education, Licensures and Certifications:
• Current • Basic Life Support Certification - HealthCare Provider - BLS-HCP
• Nurse Practitioner degree required
• Nurse Practitioner – NP license and Furnishing license for California Board of Registered Nursing
• AANP national Certification or ANCC national certification
• Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
• Physician Assistant License - PA
• Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
• DEA License
Experience in and a commitment to serving vulnerable populations.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Should know or be willing to learn clinical and behavioral skills required for self-management support of patients with chronic illness.
• Should be willing to work with patients and other members of an interdisciplinary team in a collaborative manner.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to listen.
• Able to work cooperatively in a team setting
Primary Location: California, San Francisco, San Francisco
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.