Sutter Health Retail Services Representative San Francisco IHH 64hrs in San Francisco, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
Under supervision of the Service Line Manager, IHH Integrative Medicine Retail Services, the Retail Services Representative supports retail in the SPMF clinics, CPMC hospitals and other locations as requested as a part of the Institute for Health & Healing team. This position is a primary contact for patients and clients and must provide accurate and timely information regarding products in order to build a strong retail clientele. Supports clinic operations by offering excellent customer service through EPIC scheduling, arriving patients and taking payment for clinical services. Requires a strong working knowledge of supplements and other products, and a clear understanding of referring physician and therapist's clinical practices. Must also have a working knowledge of hospital departments and services. Requires sophisticated client service tailored to the needs of patients facing serious illness, families of hospitalized patients, our donor community, medical center leadership and employees, and the Sutter community in which they work. Also handles day-to-day tasks as required to ensure smooth, efficient operations. The Retail Services Representative works during store hours (Monday through Sunday) and at other times as needed for special projects and events.
• High School diploma Or equivalent education/experience is required.
• A Bachelor's degree is preferred .
Minimum of two years in a health food, retail, and/or healthcare environment, or professional training and strong customer service background is required.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must have knowledge of the field of integrative medicine and be prepared to work toward the appropriate combination of holistic approaches with conventional medicine.
• Specific knowledge of vitamins, herbal products, homeopathic remedies, books in the field, aromatherapy products, natural skin care products, nutrition and other health aids is required.
• Ability to work with a dynamic team toward the highest quality service.
• Must be knowledgeable of retail operations and the implementation of operational and client services programs; must be able to translate knowledge and prior experience within a healthcare environment.
• Ability to help create and support a healing environment, and have a genuine interest in and commitment to the IHH mission and vision.
• Strong customer service, retail, coordination and organization skills.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Windows Suite and point of sale system preferred.
• Ability to accurately manage cash/check and charge payments.
• Shows initiative, proactive problem-solving and communication skills, and uses good judgment in decision-making.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Ability to listen without judgment, to connect with and support client's individual healing or wellness path.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Managers, co-workers, health professionals, volunteers, vendors and the general public.
• Ability to be highly productive with minimal supervision.
Primary Location: California, San Francisco, San Francisco
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Saturday
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 64
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.