Sutter Health Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Per Diem in Santa Rosa, California
The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor & Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000+ people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) provides crisis intervention, information,referrals, and discharge planningfor patients and their families, ranging in age from infancy to geriatrics. Serves as an expert and liaison to community resources. Provides coordination of complex discharge planning needs and referrals to appropriate support services. Achieves a timely, effective, coordinated discharge plan by involving other members of the health care team.Works closely with Clinical Reviewers to achieve the highest quality care and service and the best possible outcomes in a cost-effective manner.Evaluates patients for 5150 holds as appropriate. Facilitates Group Therapy sessions as needed.
· Masters Degree from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
· Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker
· 5150 training
· Two years experience in a Health Care setting and one year acute care hospital experience
· Previous experience in Discharge Planning preferred.
· Strong clinical psychosocial skills with ability to conceptualize clinical situations and demonstrate application of theory appropriate to specific age groups.
· Knowledge and understanding of individual, child and family development, human behavior and communication, discharge planning and the influence of culture and values in social environments.
· Ability to plan and implement an effective discharge plan for patients and families.
· Knowledge of Medicare , MediCal , State and Federal regulations.
· Knowledge of child, elder, domestic and dependent abuse reporting requirements
· Knowledge of Community resources and hospital contractsKnowledge of Hospital Policy and Procedures Computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
· Good interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to work under the supervision of the Supervisor of Social Services
· Strong clinical assessment and critical thinking skills
· Time management skills
· 5150 Training
· Ability to facilitate Group Therapy sessions
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Santa Rosa
Organization: Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.