Sutter Health Nurse Manager - OR in Santa Rosa, California
In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, responsible for leading day-to-day operations to facilitate organizational success related to clinical strategic goals and objectives in accordance with sound general management principles, regulatory and accreditation standards, and the facility mission, vision and values.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
Current Valid RN License from the State of California
• Significant experience working in a multi-specialty OR, GI, and/or PACU, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center. This level of experience is typically achieved in approximately three years.
• Must have successful experience as an OR, GI and/or PACU Nurse Manager , preferably in an ambulatory surgery center. This level of competence is typically obtained in approximately two years.
• CAPA, ASPAN and/or CNOR certificate preferred. Certified Ambulatory Peri-Anesthesia Nurse, ASPAN American Society of Peri-Anesthesia Nurses and Association of Operating Room Nurses CNOR certificate preferred.
• Must have the demonstrated knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully direct the efforts of diverse health professionals to meet patient and physician needs.
• Knowledge of State, Federal and Accrediting Body regulations and standards and performs in accordance with them.
• PC-literate in MS Windows environment with moderate level of competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Extensive knowledge of ASPAN and/or AORN Standards, infection control and sterilization practices is required (as applicable)
• Familiarity with accreditation and regulatory standards
• Knowledge of performance improvement processes.
• Must have a working knowledge of applicable regulations and standards.
• Current knowledge regarding instrumentation and equipment utilized for various surgical specialties is required, as is knowledge of the types of surgeries being performed at the Center.
• Must have leadership skills, along with skills in functional supervision/ delegation and human relations.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a flexible, creative individual who is open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Requires the ability to operate and trouble-shoot OR/PACU equipment.
• BLS/ACLS/PALS required (per departmental/facility policy)
• Computer skills are required.
• Adult training skills are preferred.
• Ability to be self-directed yet seeks guidance, direction, and assistance when needed.
• Ability to make sound reasonable decisions, work in situations that demand patience, stamina, endurance, and tact while providing impeccable service.
• Ability to set priorities, respond timely to issues which require a decision, and ensure desired results are achieved by means of consistent follow through.
• Highly organized with the ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions.
• Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff and the ability to speak effectively and present materials as necessary. Interactions with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, visitors, teammates, supervisors, vendors, etc. must be in a manner that reflects the values of clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Santa Rosa
Organization: Sutter Outpatient Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.