Sutter Health Nursing Assistant (Certified) - Per Diem in Santa Rosa, California
The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor & Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000 people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
The Nursing Assistant (NA) works under the supervision of the RN or LVN.The NA is responsible for competent, compassionate and individualized hygiene and basic nursing care for a group of patients for which the NA has demonstrated age specific competencies (e.g., vital signs, hygiene, ADL). The incumbent has access to Protected Health Information as needed to accomplish the accountabilities as outlined in this job description.This includes access to the patient's medical record.
Perform patient care procedures and evaluations for which competency has been demonstrated.
Observes and reports, patient response to administered medication and adverse effects.
Collects data and reports to RN in a timely manner (e.g., vital signs, height, weight, intake and output).
Utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately and effectively.
Takes and records clinical data.Observes and reports both physical and emotional concerns of patient to RN.
Accurately provides basic nursing care within scope of practice (e.g., Hygiene, ADL).
Performs simple procedures (enemas, ted stockings, ace bandages, ice packs, foley maintenance, mouth suctioning with oral suction tip).
Collects non invasive specimens (e.g., urine, sputum).
Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner within the plan of care
· High school graduation or equivalent required. Certification as nurse assistant preferred.
· Minimum of six months experience in hospital, nursing school or long term care facility.
· CPR/BLS within 60 days of hire.
· Maintain departmental competency based requirements (CBAs) for Nurse Assistant.
· Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
· Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal relationships.
· Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
· Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
· Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
· Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care to patients served.
· Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety, Disaster) as required by department and organizational standards.
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Santa Rosa
Organization: Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.