Sutter Health Patient Access Representative - Primarily Days - Per Diem in Santa Rosa, California
The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50 miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 118 licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor & Delivery) and serves a population of more than 130,000 people. Centers of excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
The PAR serves as the face to face point of contact for the patient at a client location. Obtains all necessary information to register and financially clear patients. Greets patients/family members and obtains and/or verifies relevant information in the process of registering financially clearing patients for service delivery. Enhances the patient experience throughout all patient interactions by serving as the customer service point of contact at the point of service by demonstrating knowledge of Sutter's Health system and service offerings.
Responsible for supporting the success of a high-performing shared services organization by helping to champion and drive the long-term MFSS vision. Helps foster an environment in which continuous improvement in business processes and services is welcomed and recognized. Participates in programs and in using tools in support of building a high performance culture via the standard MFSS responsibilities (e.g. performance measurement, people development, customer relationship management, etc.).
• A High School diploma or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) and/or Account Technician (CPAT) is desired.
• Experience within a hospital or clinic environment, an insurance company, managed care organization or other financial service setting, performing financial counseling, financial clearance and/or customer service activities as typically acquired in two years
• Completion of regulatory/mandatory certifications and skills validation competencies preferred
• General knowledge of patient access financial counseling functions in acute and non-acute settings preferred
• Working knowledge of medical terminology desired
• Working knowledge and understanding of insurance terminology desired
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage frequent in-person patient contacts while effective maintaining and documenting data in the patient registration systems
• Demonstrated ability to work in multiple computer systems, such as patient registration/accounting systems, document imaging, scanning, payment posting, proprietary payer websites and data quality monitoring, both accurately and efficiently
• Strong data entry skills required
• Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills
• Interpersonal skills necessary in dealing with internal and external customers
• Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Sutter Health
• Accuracy and attentiveness to detail required
• Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to change
• Must be able to work concurrently on a variety of tasks/projects in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles
• Ability to meet or exceed targeted customer service, productivity and quality standards
• Fluency in both English and a minimum of one other language is preferred for this role to allow Sutter Health to better serve the community and patient population
• Computer proficiency skills required
• Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Santa Rosa
Organization: Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: Per Diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.