Sutter Health Registered Nurse Santa Rosa Oncology Infusion 64hrs Days in Santa Rosa, California
Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation is a not for profit corporation that exists to provide medical services, research and education. The foundation provides the infrastructure for the delivery of physician services, and contracts with a separate corporation comprised of physicians and other care providers to deliver the clinical services. This multi-specialty foundation will provide a platform from which new physicians can be recruited to continue to provide physician services in a nonprofit, community setting. The Foundation's vision is to create a medical group that will deliver high quality, market competitive medical services.
The RN-Ambulatory Setting is a Registered Nurse (RN) responsible for providing direct and indirect care to clinic patients and their families utilizing the nursing process - assessment, planning, implementation and continual re assessment. The care delivered will be performed within the scope of the California Nurse Practice Act. The RN practicing within Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation (SPMF) assists with the provision of patient care. The duties include telephone consultation and education, coordination of care, treatments, medication administration and other duties which are within the scope of practice. The RN works collaboratively with the health care team - physician, ancillary providers, care centers staff and SPMF administration.
Performs all clinical duties under the supervision of the Physician Clinical Supervisor and all non-clinical duties under the supervision of the Care Center Manager/Supervisor.
Licensures and Certifications:
• Current licensure as an RN in the state of California.
• Basic Life Support Certification - HealthCare Provider - BLS-HCP required.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support – ACLS preferred.
• Ambulatory, outpatient or emergency room care experience preferred.
• One-two (1-2) years of practical experience as an RN in a physician's office preferred.
• Knowledge of scope of practice for RNs in the State of California. Professional knowledge of clinical nursing protocols with emphasis in the areas of disease processes, emergencies, health sciences, and pharmacology.
• Knowledge and understanding of managed care concepts strongly recommended. Knowledge of what medical symptomology constitutes urgent/emergent care. Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Knowledge of clinical protocols for vital signs. Knowledge of normal values for vital signs (BP, Pulse, Respirations, Temps).
• Knowledge of medical positioning for patients. Knowledge of scheduling practices/referrals for physician offices preferred.
• Knowledge of effective teamwork practices between front and back office staff.
• Ability to type 35- 40 words per minute and feel comfortable with clinical setting computer operations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated high level of skill in creative problem solving, setting of priorities, in an unpredictable environment.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with other healthcare team members.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) - Ability to converse in Spanish helpful.
Primary Location: California, North Bay/Lake County, Santa Rosa
Organization: Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 64
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.