Sutter Health Architect, Solutions 3 - RD&D Application Development Bay in Walnut Creek, California
Responsible for the technical vision, information architecture and system design of IT applications. Defines requirements and develops solution alternatives and estimates. Translates client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for end-to-end IT solutions. Provides input to integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall IT function goals.
• Experience in architecting/solution design using technology experience in databases, applications programming, and networking connectivity as typically acquired in 6-8 years.
• Work experience in health care environment is preferred.
• Technical and business experience.
• Demonstrated experience with future looking technologies and or products.
• Leadership experience.
• Experience in translating needs of business partner/clients for technical resources using logical and physical modeling. (e.g. tools such as E-R diagrams).
• A cumulatively progressive strategic/tactical IT background with a recognized industry-wide reputation is highly desired.
• Consulting with vendors, clients and management in order to gather functional requirements as input into technology architecture design and development efforts.
• Knowledge of leading and emerging software products and technologies.
• Knowledge of industry standards to support business requirements.
• Broad level knowledge and working experience in a variety of IT disciplines/technologies to include: Applications, Databases, Network Servers, PCs, Telephone Systems, and Systems Engineering.
• Understands processes for requirements analysis/needs assessment, cost/benefit analysis, and structured techniques and prototyping.
• Ability to influence others without lines of authority.
• Strong collaboration skills.
• Strong consulting skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications/interpersonal/organizational skills.
• Ability to take a problem, requirement, or strategy; research solution and take from concept to implementation for desired outcomes.
• As an expert in the field, ability to use professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
• Self motivated, self-directed and independent thinking yet team player.
• Able to independently conduct research and organize, analyze, interpret and report on research results to make architectural recommendations for enterprise infrastructure service delivery and technology acquisition impact assessments.
• Plan and conduct high level meetings and interviews for addressing and resolving architecture design, deployment and management issues, as is the ability to communicate complex technical issues in terms clearly understood by technical and non-technical audiences.
• Skilled at interacting with technical vendors, providing and negotiating contract terms and conditions, and documenting progress and outcomes.
• Comfortable interacting with individuals/groups at various organizational levels.
The equivalent combination of education, training, application and/or data support, and hospital/clinic operation experience may be substituted.
Primary Location: California, East Bay, Walnut Creek
Organization: Sutter Health Information Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.